15 Pops of Culture
What. A. Year. Or 15 months.
My creative output has been uneven, but my consumption of pop culture has been giving me life, as the kids say. In no particular order, I recommend:
1. The podcast "You're Wrong About"
2. The fictional Danish series "Borgen" on Netflix -- women in politics and media
3. Re-watching the movie "Sneakers" -- especially after watching "The Hot Rock"
4. The Criterion Channel -- going down the rabbit hole
5. "In & Of Itself" on Hulu
6. The Tiles game on NYTimes.com
7. The Roots' song "Tomorrow"
8. Lindy West's book about popcorn movies, Sh*t, Actually
9. The play "Gloria" by Branden Jacobs Jenkins
11. Danielle Ate the Sandwich singing "The Trapeze Swinger" by Iron and Wine
12. Buffalo Cauliflower bites, inspired by Alamo Draft House, but with eggwash
13. My Friend Anna by Rachel DeLoache Williams
14. "Murder at Middle Beach," "The Vow," and "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" on HBO Max
15. "Farmhouse Fixer" on HGTV, featuring NKOTB Jonathan Knight
I realize all of these items are incredibly basic. Like, basic-er than basic, with an extra chai latte pour-over. But no one is reading this! So I can live my best basic life and look back on this someday.